The Warranty Group, Triangle FM and Gloucestershire College have come together to give each secondary school in the Forest of Dean District the chance to make a radio programme about a local subject of their choosing.
During the Triangle FM broadcast at the end of November each programme was aired and streamed online at least twice. They are now available as podcasts on the Triangle FM website.
The programmes will be judged by a panel of experts and an award evening held at which the winners will be announced.
- One programme from each school will be accepted.
- The programme to be of 29 minutes length.
- The programme must comply with all broadcast regulations.
- Programme may not contain more than 20% pre-recorded music.
- All audio must be original and be recorded by the team. (except for any music or jingles etc used).
- Copyright of the completed programmes will pass to Triangle FM
What Should the Programme be About?
There are no restrictions on subject, though we would like the programmes to have a ‘local’ angle and promote life in the Forest of Dean – in addition, please bear in mind the judging criteria below.
Also please be aware that the programmes will be broadcast at times when people of all ages may be listening and there are Ofcom regulations governing items “before the watershed”. If in any doubt ask Triangle FM for advice.
- Relevance of the subject to our lives today.
- Evidence of research and planning.
- Success in getting information/opinions across.
- Technical excellence (programme flow, quality of audio etc)